Foolish Money Mistakes: A More Serious Matter
When it comes to the most foolish financial mistakes U.S. adults feel they have made, purchasing unnecessary items tops the list at 49 percent. A variety of other money missteps also made the list, including:
- Not using coupons as much as I should – 28 percent
- Overdrawing my bank/checking account – 24 percent
- Only making minimum payments on credit card each month – 22 percent
- Making late payments on credit cards - 20 percent
- Making late payments on basic bills like insurance, utilities and rent – 18 percent
- Loaning large sums of money to a friend or family member that wasn't paid back – 17 percent
- Not knowing what my credit score is – 14 percent
- Not having adequate insurance coverage – 10 percent
- Borrowing large sums of money from a friend or family member that I couldn't repay – 7 percent
- Invested in the stock market – 6 percent
- Co-signing on a loan that was defaulted – 5 percent
- Bought a house – 4 percent
"Amid the hectic pace of everyday life, financial slipups are bound to happen," said
Warrick offers the following advice to those looking to avoid foolish financial mistakes:
- Clip and click your way to savings – Not using coupons is like throwing away free money. Stay up to date on the latest coupons by checking out sites like CouponCabin.com for online coupon codes, grocery coupons and much more.
- Cut back on extras – We all like to treat ourselves now and again, but unnecessary purchases and extraneous stuff typically create clutter in our lives, in addition to hurting our bank accounts. Avoid extra purchases and your wallet will thank you.
- Seek out help – If you're unsure of how to fix a money mistake or just need some advice, there are endless helpful resources online and in your community. Don't be afraid to seek help if you need guidance.
This survey was conducted online within
CouponCabin.com offers the broadest selection of high-quality, guaranteed-to-work coupons on the web. With online coupon codes, printable in-store coupons, grocery coupons, local deals, free samples and more, CouponCabin.com is the ultimate one-stop-shop for coupons of every variety. Consumers can also be the first to know about the best coupon deals available with CouponCabin's Newsflash, a constantly updated and innovative new feature with dozens of breaking offers each and every day. Shoppers have saved nearly
|Source:||PR Newswire Association LLC|